Applications for this job are closed.
A fantastic new opportunity for an experienced procurement category manager to join our well known and established yet entrepreneurial Services and Retail customer. As the specialist Category Procurement Manager, you will lead on both the Professional and Financial Services procurement categories across all group brands.
The category cluster is circa £150m of spend which you will be required to develop and implement best practice procurement strategies to deliver savings and value to the business.
You will be able to create & implement the Professional Services & Financial Services Governance framework & controls for covering all group brands.
• Full commercial management of category, as subject matter expert for Professional Services & Financial Services
• Lead the supplier RFx processes, negotiations and contractual engagements and contract implementations.
• Support the development and implementation of procurement category policies and system strategies to optimise tendering, contracts management and spend analytics.
• Develop excellent and effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and external providers to ensure strategic and operational needs are fully understood and incorporated.
• Development of long-term value generation and risk mitigation strategies.
• Drive compliance to sourcing strategies in each Business Unit, proactively managing vendor performance.
• Contribute to the development of the Procurement strategy by managing a long term pipeline of value delivery projects.
• Proven experience as a Professional Services or Financial Services Procurement/Category Lead in FTSE 100/250.
• Experience of developing and deploying national category/procurement strategies cross functionally at regional/business unit level.
• Track record or delivering fantastic results including but not limited to cost savings, with minimal oversight Experience of managing large scale contracts.
• Strong track record of category/procurement efficiency improvement opportunities across processes, compliance, transactions, KPI’s.
• Exceptional skills in leading multi-disciplined teams to excel.
• Exceptional Business Relationship Management Skills.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong commercial sourcing and negotiation skills.
• Strong understanding of commercial planning, budgeting and operations
• Capable of Challenging and influencing senior leadership teams
• Preferably MCIPS or FCIPS qualified
If this position is of interest, please apply with your up to date CV as soon as possible.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.